NaNoWriMo is coming up! What does this mean?
- Writers everywhere are stocking coffee for the 30 day marathon of nonstop writing.
- Baby naming websites are at an all-time high as we desperately try to name our minor cast members before NaNo begins so that we don’t have to type XXX whenever they’re on scene.
- Family members have been barred out of our writing sanctuaries. Special sticky note wards remind them not to knock, walk by too loudly, or try to feed us.
- Some writers have contemplated prying the Backspace key off of their keyboard to assist in keeping their word cout up and their inner editor out.
- We have been re-reading our exsisting notes to hype ourselves up. It’s not working. We’re still scared.
- We have prepared our finest writing-related .gifs for such a time as this. Kermit on a typewriter will be trending before long.
- Without a doubt, all participants of NaNoWriMo will be unable to spell by the end of the month.
- At the end of these 30 days, we will have created something. It won’t be pretty. We may not even like it, but we are writers and we will write.
Add to the list! What does NaNoWriMo mean for you?
You can find me here if you want to follow my progress or join in on group word sprints!
Start your writing journey at nanowrimo.org right now!