There’s never a dull moment when there are things to make, conversations to have, games to play, and books to read. My July has disappeared in a flash, and I’ve got quite a bit to report!
Taking Things Personally
I released a brand new batch of designs at BumbleBess.com on July 1! Hand lettering all sixteen MBTI combinations was a huge undertaking, but I’m thrilled with the end result.
Check out all my hand lettered designs at BumbleBess.com!
From the Watchlist
I tend to watch a lot of TV when I’m working because it helps me focus. July’s viewing was all about shows I consider “quiet”, including:
- The Great British Baking Show
- Grand Designs
- One Day at a Time
- Good Bones
- Making It
What are your favorite cozy shows?
The Start of Something New
I decided to try a new social media platform! MeWe is supposed to be a comp to Facebook. It brags on more privacy options and less stealing of personal information. I’m too new to share any strong opinions, but if you’d like to give it a trial run, you’re welcome to add me as a contact!
Where’s your social media happy place?
My bookstagram got a refreshing bump in activity thanks to a couple of fun photo challenges! You know how much I love a good challenge.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram for more!
Speaking of books, I did manage to sneak in some reading! As you can see, I’ve been in the mood for Fantasy.
- The Magicians of Caprona by Diana Wynne Jones
- Witch Week by Diana Wynne Jones
- Mulrox and the Malcognitos by Kerelyn Smith (still reading)
What was your favorite book in July?
July is Disability Pride Month. I chose to celebrate by supporting some of my favorite disabled creators.
- Skies of Dripping Gold is one of my favorite short stories. It manages to give the emotional punch of a full length novel in the span of its 50 pages. Author, Hannah Heath, finally decided to make signed copies available! So. Worth.
- I’ve been a fan of Abi Stevens for about six months. Her vibrant, rebellious artwork is something I really gravitate toward as a graphic designer. Mid-July she opened up a Kickstarter campaign to fund a new batch of enamel pins with a positive message about chronic illness. Gorgeous!
LEFT: photo of Skies of Dripping Gold taken by me
RIGHT: Chronic Warrior pin mockup in gold colorway by Abi Stevens
Did you make any fun purchases in July?