In case you missed it, an easy digest of Elza’s recent reads, latest news, and favorite blogging highlights!
Catch up on what I’ve been busy with this January & February, including:
A lot of creative advice I’ve received about productivity involves tapping into the things that motivate us. As someone with naturally low motivation, I thought I’d delve in, bust some myths, and hopefully remove some of the shame that comes with being wired a little differently.
I’m a huge fan of Studio Ghibli films and would love to see more of y’all enjoying them! In the United States, we’re used to animated media being for younger audiences, so to help you find a film that fits your comfort zone, I’ve created a handy guide featuring some of my favorites.
New year, new debuts coming onto the scene! I’ve been trying to keep up with bookish news and my favorite authors, as well as seeking out new-to-the-shelves talent. I’ve been doing my best to update my Twitter Lists as a resource for myself and fellow readers. Be sure to follow me on Twitter for more bookish conversation and colorful content.
- I rarely get into internet trends, but Wordle has become my new obsession. I’ve also gotten into the spinoff, Quordle. If you follow my blog, you probably won’t find this a surprising turn of events.
- I’ve been doing some digital organization over the last few months and the customized icons from ShorebirdCreative on Etsy have been so helpful. Hooray for stress-free filing!
- Winter is the perfect time for hot drinks and comfort reading. I found Legends & Lattes by Travis Baldree to be the perfect combination. Give it a read if you like cozy stories set in fantasy worlds, a good cup of coffee, and ex-warriors looking for a new kind of adventure.
I decided to take a shot at Middle Grade Carousel’s Book Bingo reading challenge to kickstart my 2022 reading goals. It was a lot of fun, and gave me the chance to read some books that have been on my To-Read pile for ages!
Middle Grade Book Bingo Reads:
- Act by Kayla Miller
- The Hero’s Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy
- The Hero’s Guide to Storming the Castle by Christopher Healy
- The Hero’s Guide to Being an Outlaw by Christopher Healy
- One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams-Garcia
- Posted by John David Anderson
- Save Me a Seat by Sarah Weeks & Gita Varadarajan
- Three Times Lucky by Sheila Turnage
- The Wednesday Wars by Gary D. Schmidt
Also read during January & February 2022:
The I’ll Drink to That set features eight hand-lettered designs available on travel mugs, coffee cups, and other drinkware. Visit BumbleBess.com to learn more about my work and purchase your favorites!
I’m excited for the release of the audiobook edition of one of my favorite trilogies. Meadowsweet by C. J. Milbrandt is an immersive and cozy Fantasy series about a magical mountain, an outcast sculptor, and the boy hired to cook and clean after him. CJ has recently shared an excerpt of the narration on Twitter, so do yourself a favor and give that a listen.
Keep in touch by following my blog, social media accounts, or contact me directly if you’d like. I’m pretty friendly.
Support my creative work by sharing a favorite post with a friend, leaving a comment here on the blog, or making a one-time donation via Ko-fi.