How to Collect Words:
- Look it up! See what the word means and learn how it’s pronounced.
- Write it down in your word collecting notebook.
- Try to use your new word in a sentence you write today.
- Try to use your new word in a conversation.
- Enjoy your new word and expanded vocabulary!
2 thoughts on “Words to Collect”
This is what I do too! Sometimes the words don’t stick, even though I make it a point to use them. Weirdly enough, other words tend to stick better. Like ‘mordant’. I’ve been shoehorning that word into my conversation ever since.
LikeLiked by 2 people
Mordant is a fantastic word! I can see why you’d want to fit that into conversation.
Word games are also a good place for unusual words. I love surprising myself with the words I can randomly recall during Scrabble or Quiddler!