Can you think of a word that sounds similar to this one?
When Jeremy accidentally ruins the engine of his dad’s boat, he and his best friend, Slater, go under cover as Cupcake Cadets in order to enter a cash-prize contest. But the boys quickly realize that being a cadet will require a lot more than a uniform and memorizing baking-themed pledges.
Jeremy stripped to his underwear and tugged on the dress. It felt a little snug, but something about the brass buttons and military-type emblems made him feel official, like a general.
How to Collect Words:
- Look it up! See what the word means and learn how it’s pronounced.
- Write it down in your word collecting notebook.
- Try to use your new word in a sentence you write today.
- Try to use your new word in a conversation.
- Enjoy your new word and expanded vocabulary!
Truth be told, I didn’t read in September. I started several books, but the quitter strips all land well before the halfway point.
Thankfully, books aren’t the only way to get your daily dose of fiction! Instead of sharing my reads from last month, I’ve decided to highlight some of the TV shows I’ve recently enjoyed.
Never outgrow super powers, magical wishes, portals to new worlds, or epic quests.