If he let himself believe that, he would lie down in the middle of the road and give up. So he took the thought right out of his mind and left it sitting there on the side of the road.
I’m working my way through a personal challenge to read one book every day in May. This, of course, works best if I pick shorter books. So far, I’ve had pretty great luck with finding some amazing lower middle grade books.
To date, I’ve read:
- Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman
- The Castle in the Attic by Elizabeth Winthrop
- The Fish in Room 11 by Heather Dyer
- Feathers by Jacqueline Woodson
- Wishes, Kisses, and Pigs by Betsy Hearne
- Clementine by Sara Pennypacker
Question of the Day: What are your favorite lower middle grade stories or chapter books?