Dessert First by Hallie Durand
Dessert Schneider’s new teacher encourages students to march to the beat of their own drum. This is no problem for Dessert, who has a lot of bright ideas and ambition, especially when it comes to sweets. But when Dessert takes things a little too far, she’s choc-full of regret and has no idea how to get herself back in good graces with her family.
I woke up the next day with a smile on my face. I could tell it was cold out because there was frost on my windows, but knowing there were Double-Deckers in the fridge put me in a good mood.
Continue reading “Book Review – Dessert First by Hallie Durand” →
My personal challenge to read a book a day in May has been slightly redefined this week to mean ‘starting a new book every day’, partly due to picking a slightly longer book (gotta read my library books before they’re due back!), and partly because I can’t help but read more than one book at once. Oh well.
Since last week I’ve added:
7. The Cat Who Went to Heaven by Elizabeth Coatsworth
8. Granny Torrelli Makes Soup by Sharon Creech
9. Baker’s Magic by Diane Zahler
10. The Great Cake Mystery by Alexander McCall Smith
11. Alvin Ho: Allergic to Girls, School, and Other Scary Things by Lenore Look
12. Dessert First by Hallie Durand
13. The Wish by Gail Carson Levine
Question of the Day: What’s the first chapter book series you remember loving as a kid?