The Martins take refuge in a lighthouse off the East coast after Amelia’s father is stripped of his title and career. Tension between her parents, whose political views differ to the extreme, put a heavy strain on Amelia as she works to keep the lighthouse running and her family together.
Less than a week left in my book a day challenge. In a way, I can’t believe it. Time really does fly when you’re having fun, and, with so many adventures and stories piling up around me, it feels a bit surreal that I’ve accomplished so much reading in so little time!
This week I’ve added:
20. Falcon’s Egg by Luli Gray
21. Your Mother was a Neanderthal by Jon Scieszka
22. The Chocolate Touch by Patrick Skene Catling
23. The Classy Crooks Club by Alison Cherry
24. Dear America: A Light in the Storm by Karen Hesse
25. Clementine and the Family Meeting by Sara Pennypacker
26. The Care and Feeding of a Pet Black Hole by Michelle Cuevas
27. Love That Dog by Sharon Creech
Question of the Day: Who are your favorite hidden gem/under-appreciated authors?