Alvin Ho is afraid of pretty much everything, and when he’s afraid, Alvin can’t speak. It’s hard to make friends at school when you can’t talk, but Alvin has a Personal Disaster Kit and a plan.
Not being able to talk in school is a terrible problem. But having a girl desk buddy is even worse; it is the kiss of death.
Continue reading “Book Review – Allergic to Girls, School, and Other Scary Things”
My personal challenge to read a book a day in May has been slightly redefined this week to mean ‘starting a new book every day’, partly due to picking a slightly longer book (gotta read my library books before they’re due back!), and partly because I can’t help but read more than one book at once. Oh well.
Since last week I’ve added:
7. The Cat Who Went to Heaven by Elizabeth Coatsworth
8. Granny Torrelli Makes Soup by Sharon Creech
9. Baker’s Magic by Diane Zahler
10. The Great Cake Mystery by Alexander McCall Smith
11. Alvin Ho: Allergic to Girls, School, and Other Scary Things by Lenore Look
12. Dessert First by Hallie Durand
13. The Wish by Gail Carson Levine
Question of the Day: What’s the first chapter book series you remember loving as a kid?