Jack doesn’t want to write poetry. Poetry is for girls. Poetry doesn’t make any sense. But as Miss Stretchberry introduces the class to new poems, Jack begins to see how simple ideas jotted down on a piece of paper can become something beautiful.
Tag: novel in verse
Show & Tell – Book A Day in May
Less than a week left in my book a day challenge. In a way, I can’t believe it. Time really does fly when you’re having fun, and, with so many adventures and stories piling up around me, it feels a bit surreal that I’ve accomplished so much reading in so little time!
This week I’ve added:
20. Falcon’s Egg by Luli Gray
21. Your Mother was a Neanderthal by Jon Scieszka
22. The Chocolate Touch by Patrick Skene Catling
23. The Classy Crooks Club by Alison Cherry
24. Dear America: A Light in the Storm by Karen Hesse
25. Clementine and the Family Meeting by Sara Pennypacker
26. The Care and Feeding of a Pet Black Hole by Michelle Cuevas
27. Love That Dog by Sharon Creech
Question of the Day: Who are your favorite hidden gem/under-appreciated authors?