Ben Hardy has been cursed by potatoes. Moving to Idaho seemed like a bad sign — and sure enough, a catastrophe in the cafeteria soon lands him a job as the substitute mascot for their school. Which is (you guessed it) a friendly spud. With learning how to maneuver in a musty old costume, sorting out his plans for the big school dance, and keeping his identity under wraps, Ben’s life as a potato is anything but bland.
Out of all the mascot options — the Cougars, the Eagles, the Saber-Toothed Tigers — my new school just had to be the Spuds.
Continue reading “Book Review – My Life as a Potato”
Less than a week left in my book a day challenge. In a way, I can’t believe it. Time really does fly when you’re having fun, and, with so many adventures and stories piling up around me, it feels a bit surreal that I’ve accomplished so much reading in so little time!
This week I’ve added:
20. Falcon’s Egg by Luli Gray
21. Your Mother was a Neanderthal by Jon Scieszka
22. The Chocolate Touch by Patrick Skene Catling
23. The Classy Crooks Club by Alison Cherry
24. Dear America: A Light in the Storm by Karen Hesse
25. Clementine and the Family Meeting by Sara Pennypacker
26. The Care and Feeding of a Pet Black Hole by Michelle Cuevas
27. Love That Dog by Sharon Creech
Question of the Day: Who are your favorite hidden gem/under-appreciated authors?