The older folks in town like to tell about the night Brett McGrew was born. They say the sky was clear and the moon was full, a moon that lay low on the horizon, big and round and orange, like a basketball. A giant basketball shining down on Stuckey.
Less than a week left in my book a day challenge. In a way, I can’t believe it. Time really does fly when you’re having fun, and, with so many adventures and stories piling up around me, it feels a bit surreal that I’ve accomplished so much reading in so little time!
This week I’ve added:
20. Falcon’s Egg by Luli Gray
21. Your Mother was a Neanderthal by Jon Scieszka
22. The Chocolate Touch by Patrick Skene Catling
23. The Classy Crooks Club by Alison Cherry
24. Dear America: A Light in the Storm by Karen Hesse
25. Clementine and the Family Meeting by Sara Pennypacker
26. The Care and Feeding of a Pet Black Hole by Michelle Cuevas
27. Love That Dog by Sharon Creech
Question of the Day: Who are your favorite hidden gem/under-appreciated authors?